Young people should Join hands to Champion for the Sustainable Development Goals


My name is Geoffrey Odhiambo also known as jakababa Born and rised up in one the biggest slums
In Mombasa Bangladesh. Bangladesh is one of the largest informal settlement in Mombasa with an approximated    population of more than 32,000 people (with an average of seven people per household) although its size (KM2) is not well documented. It consists of 6 villages namely: Nairobi area, Mkupe, Kichimbeni, Majengo Mapya, Giriamani and Bangladesh center.
The area had more than 80% living under the poverty line or we can just say less than a dollar a day.
To survive in that community as an adolescent was a hard task and that what gave me the determination to make a difference on myself and other young people. I was determined of becoming a champion and Involved myself with community work through a grassroot youth organization Pwani Youth Network. Started at Pwani Youth Network 2015 as a volunteer and graduated to the position I am today Admin Assistance and also Communication officer.
Youth Facilitator


. I am an actor, master of ceremony
At Pwani youth network I use my skills to reach the community and also help advancing and Amplifying the Sustainable Development Goals agenda. I Started at Pwani Youth Network in 2015 as a volunteer and graduated to the position I am today Admin Assistance and also Communication officer
One of the issue I am passionate about is advocating for  better Sexual and reproductive health and rights policies for adolescent and young people,
I strong believe that our Governments need to invest more on safe space[Youth Friendly Centers and Empowerment Centers] for young people for this would would act as information and Service deliver center for Young people.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts